Week of February 5th, 2017
WARP DOGS’ CORP LOGS
- The state of our WARP CORP continues to hold steady at ~really god damned good~
- The Extinction-Level-Event (ELE) is now ~46 weeks away. Remarkable!
An errant Comcast payment aside, this was another good week. All my planning and saving is apparently paying off, which is good! Maybe I wasn’t so crazy after all.
The end of this week marks the ~1 month mark since I started this venture. At first time went by slowly, but now it’s barreling down the highway as things settle in. There’s a long way to go until I reach the end of wherever this thing is taking me, but it sure feels closer now than it ever has.
Last sprint may have been the first one where I actually laid out what I hoped to achieve and – by god! – I actually did it! Let’s see if I can continue building on that success, however brief.
A new were-release is out this Friday, and for me that’s going to serve as a great motivator for focusing on tangible content. Last week was great, but it was very technical and very refactor-heavy – it’s fun to work on behind-the-scenes stuff, but it’s only fun for me, not for players.
Here are some goals that I think are achievable and provide some good bang vs. buck for the upcoming release…
- Focus on UI elements, especially related to calendars and menus
- Create little ‘proof of concepts’ of seasonal changes
- Add the 1st draft run of Overflow, a central location that will be visited throughout the game
Look forward to a new version to play with by Friday. Who knows – I might deliver you an actual game! Wow!