ONWARD, TO GLORY!
Week of January 22nd, 2017
Another week in the books, and another good one at that.
This week was that of systems. The biggest – by far – was the enabling of the day/night cycle and related systems surrounding it. Slowly but surely this virtual world is waking up and becoming real. Soon it will grow far beyond my control, and I am very much looking forward to that!
The only thing I’m bummed about is this feeling of leaving money on the table – not actual money, of course, but rather the feeling that my time could have been spent better. I have a feeling that’s going to be a common thought as I grind through this new life of mine. I could always be doing more, always be doing better.
Well, I can at least always try.
- It cannot be understated how important getting a day/night system up and running was. I am so excited for what’s to come
- I finished my first lore piece that details the history of a fictional (?) game company creating a fictional (?) game. Expect many more of these as development continues, though their content and style will vary wildly
- I settled on a new possible game title through sheer coincidence. By simply reversing the original “Monster Village” I have stumbled upon the much better – and likely final – Village Monsters
- I have begun – in earnest – to work through HeartBeast’s wonderful tutorials
- Several new villagers have been thought out, written down, and constructed
- The player has been shaven and then, paradoxially, received a stubbled beard in its place
- I’m a 29 year old man and my days are still being derailed by naps that destroy me. I need to stop!
- I had a tough day on Friday and it impacted me more than it should have
SHOW & TELL