THE EMERALD CITY
Week of January 29th, 2017
This week had some of the highest highs as well as some of the lowest lows.
On Tuesday I had perhaps my most productive day so far on the technical front, and on Friday I finally reached the summit of Mt. Dialog and implemented that system I had put off for so long.
But I also spun my wheels a lot. Some days I’d look up and realized that hours had passed without much to show for it.
This coming sprint ends on a full moon – and with that, a new release. I’m hoping that such a big occasion helps clarify my focus and productivity…if only to avoid being embarrassed by what I eventually put out there for folks to try
- Solved a nasty FPS drop that was being caused by Vsync. Weird, right?
- Accomplished a huge goal by designing and finishing a new dialog system
- Experimented with some ideas related to diversions (like claw machines)
- Implemented some feedback to reduce clock size, fixed up dog animations, and more
- Bought a harmonica! More on that later…
- Fixed our vacuum by splicing together a new plug – hey, it counts!!
- Started adding layers of ‘flavor’ in the form of random birds that fly by
- A lot of major and much-needed refactoring & improvements to the inventory, clock, and popup notice systems
- Created a proof a concept for world map viewing, panning, and zooming
- More than a few wasted days
- Refactoring is pleasing from a problem solving standpoint, but I’m not exactly moving ‘forward’ when I do it. I should try to minimize the amount of rework to systems I’m doing
SHOW & TELL