CASE OF THE MONDAYS
Week of December 18th, 2016
WARP DOGS’ CORP LOGS
- The state of our WARP CORP is almost freakishly strong after a last-minute push of savings
- The Extinction-Level-Event (ELE) is now at an incredible 28 weeks away. Unbelievable!
MEGA-MONTH lumbers past the halfway mark and aims its way forward to the finish line. With two paychecks and a birthday under its belt, you would think its insatiable hunger would, indeed, be satiated, but the look in its eyes is anything but satisfied…
There’s less than two weeks until I give my two week notice. Assuming my math checks out, that leaves me with just under four weeks to prepare for a graceful and prepared exit.
Unlike previous attempts at sticking to a series of goals, I’ll instead just dump out a stream-of-consciousness about what I hope to accomplish between now and the end of the year
- A fully realized ‘pitch’ of what this game actually is
- Mind Maps!
- Mind Maps for the various features, themes, and emotions of the game
- Mind Maps for the various loops of the game
- Mind Maps, generally
- A social media presence that’s not super embarrassing
- A final name, and probably a URL to go with it
- Also maybe look into rules and standards about names
- Comment and cleanup existing code
- Do some “fun coding”
- Document coding procedures to better iterate over them
- Write more posts. Write more everything
- Focus on focus
- Read as much as I can
- Books on games
- Books on game design
- Books on life
- Books generally
- Cleanup and prepare
- Hangup pictures and other decorations
- Think real hard about scope
- Do more pixel art
- Learn how to do pixel art generally
- And much, much more
Time to get to it.